The Brand Strategy Manager Canada will support the development of brand and marketing strategies and program initiatives to position Daymon as the brand-building expert in the Private Brand marketplace. Responsible for providing strategic brand and marketing support to our retailer partners, helping to build brands that resonate with shoppers, and driving profitable sales. Established marketer/strategist who has experience developing effective relationships within client organizations.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support strategy team, field marketing teams and business leads in the development of proprietary portfolio/brand strategies and marketing programs that drive our customers’ businesses
- Support strategic planning process at key customers and provide guidance on short/mid/long-term plans
- Collaborate with manager and account lead to identify and solve business issues
- Work cross-functionally to interpret data, research and trends that impact the brand and/or marketing strategy and develop actionable insights relevant to our customer’s business
- Engage directly with customers and business partners to develop meaningful relationships and build plans to improve engagement with key accounts
- Work independently with senior leadership at Daymon and customers to apply brand and marketing expertise to private brand business growth
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
- Travel up to 40 %
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent experience
Master's Degree Or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
Degree Program/Major (e.g. Marketing, Business Administration, or related field)
3-5 Years of experience in a field such as consulting, business strategy, brand strategy, brand management or planning; experience in the food or grocery industry strongly preferred (not required)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Problem solver with the ability to push others to think differently, attack issues from multiple angles, and lead/manage through ambiguity
- Project leader who can work autonomously and cross-functionally throughout the organization and motivate others
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability in translating information into insights, strategy, recommendations, and results
- Excellent communicator with strong oral, written and presentation skills with the capability to present to various levels of an organization
- Ability to influence without authority, listen carefully and ask questions to understand needs and expectations, and flex to various styles and personalities
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who consistently delivers projects with excellence
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.