POSITION: Manager-Grants & Contributions
SUPERVISOR: Chief Administrative Officer/Senior accountant
WAGE: $75K to $85K
STATUS: Full time position (72 hours pay period)
LOCATION: Atlin, B.C.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) the Financial Administrator will play an important senior role within Taku River Tlingit First Nation's (TRTFN) finance department in addition to the supervision of two colleagues. This is a rewarding opportunity if you have an appreciation for First Nation culture, a desire for continuing professional development and enjoy the support and collaboration from multidisciplinary teams and various other professionals and agencies.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position requires a range of skills: organizational, planning, coordination, advanced accounting knowledge, computer literacy. High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information is vital for this role.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of accounting techniques, general ledger, and bank reconciliation.
2. Knowledge of account payables, accounts receivables and payroll processes as this role supervises the
Accounts Payable Clerk and Payroll Administrator and assists when required.
3. Coordinate with the Accounting contractor/Senior Accountant/Auditors and other key players in
preparation of financial reports and statements.
4. Reconcile monthly general ledgers, invoice, and credit card statements.
5. Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
6. Assist in setting and managing budgets.
7. Streamline processes and procedures for improving operational efficiency of finance reporting and
8. Monitors account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
9. Provide ongoing support to clients, advisors, vendors, maintaining communication and maintenance of
10. Maintain all financial records and files as per TRTFN policies.
11. Assist with ongoing administration of any projects as required.
12. Contributes cooperatively to TRTFN leadership team to achieve position and goals.
13. Creates a tracking system for all contributions agreements and receivables & prepares financial reports.
Creates tracking list & inform managers about due dates.
14. Provides recommendation for modernizing the accounting system and linking it to other government
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Accounting (4 years degree) and/or CA/CMA/CGA certification with at least 2 years 'proven
- Two years of directly related experience supporting senior level finance professionals.
- Experience working in SAGE, SAP, or another major accounting software (Required)
- Experience working in a First Nations environment (preferred but not required)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Police Clearance (Required)