Manager Human Resources
Reports to: VP of Finance & Administration
Grouse Mountain, Vancouver's premier attraction offers the perfect destination for a truly rewarding and memorable experience. Being a four-season resort, Grouse Mountain offers a variety of cultural, educational and outdoor adventures to choose from.
We are looking for a unique individual that can work in a high paced growth oriented environment, who is hands on with a passion for employee engagement and maintaining our status as one of BC’s Top Employers. Reporting to the VP of Finance & Administration, you will be a part of the senior management team and will have lots of opportunities to impact change. Your ability to manage in a dynamic environment with decentralized leadership is key. The role is located at the base of Grouse Mountain.
Manage all Human Resources programs for Grouse Mountain Resort (up to 850 staff) for a large, private company in the tourism/recreation industry. As a trusted advisor and leader, the HR Manager is guided by the company’s mission, values, culture and strategies to provide exceptional customer service, foster positive experiences with team members while facilitating and delivering programs to move the business and staff forward.
- Assist the President, VP Finance and Administration and the senior management team in defining Human Resources vision, goals, strategy and objectives
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance on HR policies and programs to support the overall business and people goals of the company
- Plan, develop and implement organizational change, recruitment, on-boarding, HRIS, job evaluation, compensation, training and development, performance management, labour relations and policy/procedure development
- Lead the development and growth of human resources through effective management of staff to ensure that excellent people management services are central to the company’s values.
- Review and develop software applications (Ceridian) and the full suite of HR and Payroll programs to roll out effective management of new systems
- Advise managers on difficult HR procedures, processes, investigations or unique staff relations issues
- Represent the company at Tourism events, job fairs (local and international) and conferences
- Develop and maintain recruitment campaigns to address short and long-term needs
- Develop compensation structures, conduct wage surveys within labour markets to determine competitive wage rates; analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan and make recommendations for total compensation for all staff up to the Executive level
- Maintain awareness of changes in employment law, government policy and emergence of best practices and ensure legal compliance
- Plan, develop and monitor human resources annual Strategic Plan, budget and monitor all human resources related budget lines for Department Managers
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs
- Conduct employee satisfaction surveys, developing processes for employee feedback that support the development of action plans to address issues and aim to maintain BC Best Employer status.
- Plan and implement a variety of staff events or activities
- Develop and set job specific performance goals and targets, provide leadership on performance management, organizational structures, job description writing and job posting writing
- Handle difficult discipline/termination actions and employee situations, advising on legislative requirements and required documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, OD, Management or a related field required
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) preferred
- Experience in tourism, hospitality, and/or outdoor recreation required
- 10 years of progressive human resources generalist experience, with more than five years at management level
- Experience managing the full scope of human resources activities, including recruitment, job evaluation, compensation and benefits, training and development, performance management and staff relations required
- Experience conducting stand-up training and organizing on-line training for large teams
- Experience with labor relations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software applications, ideally with Ceridian (Dayforce Recruiting, Performance Management, Pay, Benefits, and Time).
Apply online https://www.grousemountain.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time