Department: Engineering (ATOP)
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: (1) Full-time & (1) Temporary/Contractor (min 6 months)
Date Posted: 03/29/2019
Are you interested in joining an organization that:
- Has over 30 years of experience providing innovative software simulation solutions in the Air Traffic Management (ATM) and Air Traffic Control (ATC) fields?
- Provides products and services to governments, colleges and universities, and defense and civilian ATC agencies worldwide?
- Offers a pay-for-performance compensation structure, tuition reimbursement, and access to various professional development opportunities?
- Has work/life balance programs in place and offers a holistic benefits package that is fully customizable based on your specific needs?
If this sounds interesting to you, continue reading about our job vacancy below.
The Software Developer III (Specialist) participates in the design, development, and testing of new effective software. S/he also helps to perform enhancements to existing software in support of maintenance and assists with the enhancement of the Adacel product lines. In addition, the Software Developer III (Specialist) aids the Engineering Services department by suggesting methods of improvement to policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits proficiency when coding and testing software.
- Creates relevant documentation for multiple products with no supervision.
- Works with the Product Management team and Subject Matter Experts to identify and clarify requirements.
- Assists in “Tier 3” Engineering support of customer problems to resolve defects in fielded systems.
- Provides mentorship for one or more Computer Software Configuration Items.
- Displays leadership within a team environment and participates in knowledge share sessions.
- Optimizes Engineering processes by recommending improvements to policies and procedures.
- Estimates software work packages and provides input for proposal responses.
- Learn and acquire the ATC concepts in two or more fields such as Clearance, Coordination, Probing, Position Report processing, Grib Processing and Airspace Management.
- Be able to design, implement and to attend the inspections in the area of interest and ensure that changes introduced do not violate the overall SW architecture.
- Participate in estimation of the work for the PTR (Program Trouble Reports) and new enhancement in terms of time and source lines of code.
- Work on the PTR assigned by the SW manager and the team lead with no regression.
- Maintain or exceed the productivity of the PTR resolution set for the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years of Software Development experience.
- 5+ years’ experience of C and/or C++ programming;
- 5+ years’ experience of SW development in a UNIX or LINUX environment;
- 5+ years’ experience of Real Time Control System.
- Experience in scripting.
- Knowledge of ATM communication protocols and ATM message types (AFTN, AIDC, CPDLC, ADS, ACARS, ASTERIX, etc.) (asset).
- Ability to work within Windows and Linux environments.
- Proficiency with software architectures and design methodologies.
- Proficiency with applicable programming languages and libraries.
- Proficiency with procedural and object-oriented coding methodologies.
- Knowledge of the AGILE/SCRUM methodology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must be autonomous and exhibit good leadership skills.
- Knowledge of domain specific topics.
- 9 years of Software Development experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Software Development: 6 years (Required)
- Air Traffic Management communication protocols: 5 years (Preferred)
- C and/or C++ programming: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- French and English (Preferred)