Title: Work Instruction Process Administrator
Reports to: WI Team Leader
Based at: 24 Napoleon Road, Barrie ON
Shift: Afternoons, Monday to Thursday (4:00pm to 2:30am)
Job Purpose: To assist the company with the development, creation, and maintenance of Assembly Work Instructions in various print and digital formats to accommodate new product launches and existing product changes. The Company is transitioning from a traditional print based format to the paperless NMES format.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Create update and revise production work instructions and supplementary documents with new or revised information in accordance with Stage Gate and Change Notice procedures.
- Develop and produce representational illustrations using computer-assisted design (CAD), illustration, and layout software, for printed material such as work instructions and supplementary documents, as well as 2D and 3D computer illustrations for the web.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering, research and development, operations, and quality departments to develop materials and best practices for digital content development, contributing to WI Team illustration banks and style guides as needed.
- Create and maintain schedule, ensuring timelines are followed as per Stage Gate or Change Notice procedures.
- Assemble or position parts as required to understand products/processes in order to more accurately create instructions.
Education and Experience:
- High School required. Post-Secondary education is an asset.
- 2+ years' relevant experience in a related industry. Product knowledge an asset.
- SolidWorks Composer Certification an asset.
- Experience in 3D CAD graphics software (Solidworks Composer preferred).
- Experience with Adobe CC required: Primarily InDesign, occasionally Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Outlook, Excel, and Teams.
- Knowledge of graphic design principles an asset.
- Must be a team player and strategic thinker
- Must be detail oriented,
- Computer Literacy, Mechanical Aptitude, Creativity, Design Aptitude
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $35,000.00 /year