Are you interested in joining a privately family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team at MLF!
Shift: Monday - Friday, 3 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Location: Winston Churchill & Steeles, Brampton, ON
Role Purpose: Responsible for the effective utilization of available automation technology to increase equipment productivity, safety, reliability and simplify maintenance procedures. Investigates root causes of equipment breakdowns and determines appropriate corrective action.
1. Provides technical application support during new installations and equipment breakdowns, including problems with documentation, research and replication, escalation, and resolution.
2. Assists in equipment malfunction investigation to increase equipment reliability by identifying root cause, determining corrective actions/preventative measures, and following up on any deviations, customer and consumer complaints.
3. Review and document technical information (i.e. version upgrade requirements, service packs, patches, utilities) provided by the product manufacturer. Keeps up-to-date schematics and related technical documentation.
4. Converts paper based documentation into electronic format. Makes drafting design and alteration using AutoCAD.
5. Works with plant engineers on Pre-Start Safety Reviews and equipment safety audits.
6. Assists Engineers/Application Consultants in developing product upgrade paths.
7. Performs setup and calibration for process equipment and control instrumentation such as: Flow meters, Viscosity meters, Power meters, Conductivity meters, Temperature and Pressure transducers.
8. Calculates parameters for PID loops according to process regulations. Develops and makes alterations in PLC programs per requirement.
9. Determines and programs parameters for variable frequency drivers and servo drives.
10. Installs and commissions new necessary instrumentation for additional data collection as per requests from data users.
11. Maintains and continuously develops existing plant process control systems and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition).
12. Performs routine diagnostic checks on equipment, electrical panels, and control systems;
13. Troubleshoots SCADA and PLC Network communication.
14. Tests new industrial automation equipment, instruments, controls and materials available on the market for use in a manufacturing environment, and provide effectiveness reports to Upper Management.
15. Follows all safety regulations, such as Arc Flash protection and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
16. Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge and skills by attending training sessions and seminars from major manufacturers of automation equipment, including Rockwell Automation, Schneider Electric, General Electric, etc.
17. Policies, Processes & Procedures
a. Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Education and Certification Requirements:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Plant-based
HOW TO APPLY:
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent