Cloutier Matthews LLP. Let’s talk life. Let’s talk business.
Cloutier Matthews is a full service accounting firm located in Courtenay BC. We believe in delivering superior value and service to our clients, as well as providing a positive and enriching work environment for our employees. We like to work hard but also play hard, which includes a 4-day work week in July and August, employee fitness program, flexible work weeks and much much more.
Our office is seeking an accounting technician or CPA Student to service our many owner managed clients.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of full cycle accounting
- Completion of Notice to Reader engagements
- Assisting on review and/or audit engagements
- Preparation of corporate tax returns, personal tax returns, trust returns, T4/T4A/T5 returns and HST returns
- Building working relationships with clients
- Preparation of financial statements, working paper
- 2-3 years of relevant Public Practice experience (or less if applying as a CPA Student)
- Proficiency with MS Office (including Word and Excel)
- Previous experience with accounting programs, including CaseWare and CaseView
- Previous experience with Profile or a similar tax program
- Familiar with QuickBooks and Sage
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Outstanding client/customer service skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of required government taxes
Please note this posting closes on Friday, October 11, 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Courtenay, BC (Preferred)