Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here we experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has two sister properties; the Bow View Lodge and the Homestead Inn.
We are seeking a full-time permanent Second Cook, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays with opportunities for overtime hours. The start date will be in January 2020. The salary for this position is based on experience, 32-40 hours per week.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring that food is properly stored and handled at all times
- Ensuring that the quality and quantity of food prepared meets hotel standards
- Managing a clean, sanitized work station during and at the end of shift
- Ensuring that food waste and spoilage are kept to a minimum
- Reliable and can commit to at least 6 months
- Aspiring to become an apprentice
- Experience in a hotel restaurant cooking is an asset
- Prepares high quality food and follows superior sanitation standards
- Is physically capable of lifting and carrying heavy items and standing for long periods of time
- Is a team player, able to work in close conditions with several other people
- Staff accommodation is guaranteed with an immediate check-in; daily rent starting from $6.50 - $17.00 per day
- Three salary increases during first year of employment; term bonus and summer bonus available
- Friends and family rates available at all three properties, F&B discounts available at The Crave Mountain Grill Restaurant and Terrace Dining Room & Lounge
- Health benefits available after 8 months of employment including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
- Staff Cafe on site offering meals for $2.37; certain items available free of charge 24/7
- Ski Pass subsidy available, receive a return of up to $350; payroll deduction available
- Education reimbursement for English as a Second Language Course
- Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
- Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
- Uniforms supplied and free cleaning available
- Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
For those interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume to the email address provided in-person at 222 Lynx Street, by fax to (403) 762-4740 or online at www.banffparklodge.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!!
Job Type: Full-time
- Kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)