Finance Program Assistant
Job Number: 11780
Title: Finance Program Assistant
Program: Immigrant Settlement and Integration Program
Nature: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Fort St John, BC
About the Position:
The Program Assistant (PA) is responsible for program delivery support to clients. The PA liaises between clients, staff and community stakeholders.
The PA is responsible for finance administration support to the Regional Manager to ensure all program expenses and claims are managed and recorded properly. The PA answers visitors and client inquiries about Site Services and S.U.C.C.E.S.S., directs visitors and clients to appropriate contacts, assists clients in filling out registration forms, sorts mail, answers incoming calls, and arranges appointments for guests and clients to meet with staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to enquiries regarding programs and activities available for newcomers
- Provides quick information to phone-in and drop-in clients
- Addresses immediate individual student or client needs, including making referrals to Settlement workers and community resources
- Advises Program Leads of emergent trends in needs
- Compiles program statistics for program evaluation
- Maintains office and classroom supplies to ensure program functioning
- May provide translation & interpretation helpas and when required
- Arranges room booking, physical set up for service delivery
- Produces and disseminates copies of resources for distribution to newcomer.
- Stocks up on bulk deliveries of community / government printed materials (i.e. IRCC’s Welcome to Canada guidebook, government publications, etc) for distribution to clients.
- Coordinates and maintains office equipment for client service delivery and facility needs.
- Performs client data input e.g. iCARE, where necessary
- Records program improvement action items in team meetings
- Greets drop-in clients and directs them to the appropriate services of staff
- Answers phones and directs inquiries as well as takes messages
- Answers basic questions about S.U.C.C.E.S.S.
- Assists clients with completing registration forms and distributes immigration forms and information booklets to newcomers
- Books appointments for S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Settlement staff
- Process financial claims and tracking in MR report
- Registers clients for workshops, group sessions and community connection, etc.
- Recruits and supports volunteers (as necessary) to assist with activities related to program delivery
- Assists client outreach activities as and when required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education
- Experience working with finance with diverse clientele
- Experience working with diverse clientele
- Knowledge of resources for newcomers
- Experience in multi-lingual, inter-cultural workplace an asset
- Office Administration Experience an asset
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills in person and over the phone.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to respond quickly to new or changing work demands
- Proficient with MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work independently and a demonstrated team player
- Good verbal and written English
- Able to handle things in a discreet and confidential manner
- Able to observe and react appropriately to adverse situations
- Professional in manner and appearance
- Reliable, efficient, and excellent time management
- Able to assist with finance management
- Ability to speak and write a second language an asset
- Understanding of the social services field
- Required to work occasional evenings and weekends to support staff and programs
- Clear record check required
How to Apply:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates please apply via our website: https://www.successbc.ca/career/11780-finance-program-assistant/
Resume and cover letter should not be longer than 3 pages. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.67 /hour
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)