Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, the Porter is responsible for providing transportation services within the Colchester East Hants Health Centre (CEHHC) for patients, medications, lab specimens, equipment, and charts in a safe and efficient manner.
- Grade 12/GED required.
- Previous healthcare work experience required; portering experience an asset.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to interact with patients, families other health care providers and staff sensitivity and confidentiality in a respectful and caring manner.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt and prioritize required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a team environment as well as the ability to work independently is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to patients, staff, and the district is required.
- Basic computer skills an asset.
- Current WHMIS certification is required.
- Recent NVCI training / certification considered an asset.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Full-Time position, 75 hours bi-weekly.
$17.90 - $19.37 hourly
Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Some opportunities may be eligible for our Employee Referral Program. If a Nova Scotia Health employee refers a candidate who is not working for the organization and the candidate is hired, the employee who made the referral may be eligible to earn up to $1000. For more details and instructions, please visit please visit Recruitment - Incentives
This is a Support bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians, People of Colour, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ and Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent