***In order to support the assigned territory, we are seeking for an employee who lives in Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
The Field and Service Merchandising Manager reports to the Regional Field Merchandising and Service Director and contributes to the execution success of the different merchandising strategies in their region by supporting both Lowe’s and Rona stores.
In this position, you are the Merchandising representative in the stores who will be coaching on good practices in merchandising and on prospective initiatives.
The Field and Service Merchandising Manager is also the spokesperson representing the operation/store by sharing any challenges and proposing creatives solutions to any difficulties impacting the operations team. The Field and Service Merchandising Manager will have a select group on Managers reporting directly to this role.
- Act as the first contact to any store inquiries related to merchandising or promotional activities with the Market Director and Store Managers.
o Master and understand business strategies of all banners including key initiatives in merchandising.
o Contact the support teams to assist the stores in their requests.
o Connect with stores and educate on the advantages of using all the available tools (Planograms, Seasonal Guidebook, signage, Off Shelf merchandising directives, weekly planners).
o Support the stores by proposing creatives solutions to adapt planograms/strategies depending on store/equipment limitations.
- Perform store visits related to various merchandising initiatives:
o Reset and Planogram updates
o Off Shelf directives (permanent, monthly and promotional)
o Promotional activities
o Ready for business
o Tactical reactive plans
- Support stores with the preparation of the seasonal ready-for-business (floorplan set-up, planograms and merchandising directives) and confirm execution.
- Share and apply the best business practices amongst stores and regions.
- Contribute to the planning of planogram updates by confirming store assignations.
- Work closely with the merchandising execution team to provide relevant input pertaining to regionalities (market & competition) and influence merchandising strategies upstream.
- Support store specific change requests by gathering information needed for the business case.
- Visit stores that have been assigned in their region and fill up store visit reports.
### Exigences du poste
- Any relevant post-secondary or equivalent work experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years in the retail industry.
- Good knowledge of technological tools such as Excel and Word.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or with a team and to quickly react to a dynamic retail environment.
- Able to identify operational challenges by suggesting and implementing strategies to address them.
- Able to build a good relation and to properly interact with all levels of management in the company.
- Prepared to be in the field for 4 days a week.
- Travel and overnight stays expected