Operation Eyesight has an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Digital Marketing Specialist, reporting to the VP, Philanthropy. The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating creative marketing and communication strategies that will take Operation Eyesight’s digital presence to the next level. This role also functions as a social media specialist. The successful candidate will be someone who can marry creativity with application, and push Operation Eyesight to think outside the box when it comes to digital marketing and e-fundraising. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the global international development community – both online through day-to-day initiatives and offline through the impact of Operation Eyesight’s sight-saving work.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate integrated communication strategies for Operation Eyesight’s website, social media platforms and digital advertising campaigns.
- As part of a team, manage our website including evaluating usage, providing optimization recommendations, posting content in a timely manner and enhancing the user experience overall.
- Manage existing and future social media platforms, email campaigns, integrated marketing campaigns and blogs for Canadian audiences, as well as audiences in India, the United Kingdom, the United States and other countries.
- As Operation Eyesight expands its fundraising outside of Canada, help establish websites, email campaigns and other digital tools for its teams internationally.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries received on Operation Eyesight’s social media channels and website, collaborate with Operation Eyesight partners around the world through social media and monitor emerging social media trends.
- Develop and/or support the production of video, graphics and other elements.
- Initiate, create, traffic and evaluate digital advertising campaigns, including social media ads, pre-roll videos, Google AdWords and influencer marketing.
- Collaborate with other team members on special events, including the annual impact celebration, public awareness events, partner events and fundraisers.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in marketing, communications, commerce or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience, including developing and evaluating digital marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Successful track record of increasing web traffic and conversions through analytics and search engine optimization.
- Experience creating and implementing effective email campaigns.
- Experience with Google Analytics, and with managing and monitoring social media platforms for business purposes (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn at a minimum).
- Software and systems experience may include WordPress, Salesforce, Pardot and Soapbox.
- Experience working in the non-profit and/or INGO sector, particularly in donor acquisition, is a strong asset.
This is a one-year term position on salary including benefits, and has the possibility for extension.
If you have interest in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply on Indeed.We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Operation Eyesight Universal is an international development organization working to prevent blindness and restore sight. Its vision is the elimination of avoidable blindness.
Operation Eyesight’s Values:
- Quality and Excellence
- Comprehensiveness and Collaboration
- Accountability and Transparency
- Empowerment and Transformation
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Equitably and Respect
- Innovation and Creativity
Based in Canada, Operation Eyesight has brought sight-restoration and blindness-prevention treatment to millions of people since its founding in 1963. Operation Eyesight works in partnership with local governments, medical professionals and community development teams, building essential resources that give all people, including the poorest, access to the eye care services they need. Learn more at operationeyesight.com.
Job Type: Contract