Job title :
LAUNDRY WORKER II
GOLDEN & DIST HOSPITAL
Golden and District Hospital is looking for a casual Laundry Worker II to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 10, and have one year's recent related experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Laundry Services Department such as:
Hours of work:
- Loads and unloads non-domestic conveyors, tumblers, conditioners, extractors, and dryers;
- Operates equipment such as dryers, ironers, folders, steam finishers and pressers;
- Sorts, folds, counts, and records linen for control purposes in accordance with established standards and procedures;
- Weighs linen, collects linen from user areas and distributes linen to user areas;
- In accordance with shift/site requirements supervises designated Laundry Workers I;
- Cleans work area(s) and performs routine maintenance on related equipment;
- Performs other related duties as assigned in any area of the laundry.
Rotating Days, 12:30 to 18:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to supervise.