Part Time or Full Time:
0040 Rocky View RSC
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
From coast to coast our Retail Support Centres are in need of Truck Drivers to ensure our products are getting to our communities to keep our customers healthy and well fed. Join our team and play an essential role in serving Canadians during these unprecedented times.
The Truck Driver will deliver customer orders and pick up merchandise by operating the company vehicles in a safe and expeditious manner. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
- Pre-inspect truck
- Complete manifest/ log book
- Ensure that the proper documentation is maintained
- Maintain equipment and report any damages, necessary repairs, or malfunctions
- Drive transport truck or straight truck in a safe and respectful manner
- Ensure merchandise loaded in vehicle is stowed in a safe and damage-free manner
- Unload trailer at banner stores and wholesale customers
- Ensure case-count delivered corresponds with order, pick up credit, or damaged product
- Maintain good working relations with customers at all times through cooperative attitude and well-groomed appearance
- Exercise good driving manners and taking precautionary measures during inclement weather conditions
- Follow the instructions outlined in the driver SOP and pay attention to detail
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Responsible for all other duties assigned by manager
Accuracy and attention to detail to ensure the case-count delivered corresponds with the order
A proven track record of superior customer service skills
Experienced and able to deliver to Wholesale and Banner Customers
Experience in delivering to Wholesale Food Service Customers
Two to three years experience driving a tractor-trailer and/or straight truck
High School Graduate
Class 1 Drivers Licence
Retail support centre
Physical work including frequent bending, lifting and reaching
Occasionally lift over 88 lbs
Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50 lbs
Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
Possible exposure to extreme temperatures
Alertness to other people and vehicles
Various shifts including evenings and weekends
Retail Support Centre
Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.