VERBIO Diesel Canada (VDC) is a subsidiary of VERBIO AG, a well-established, successful biofuel company in Germany. VERBIO Diesel Canada Corporation (VDC) invests in a biodiesel and glycerine production facility in Welland, Ontario. VDC will become one of the leading biodiesel producer in North America with an annual capacity of approx. 150,000 tons of biodiesel and 18,000 tons of crude glycerin. VDC strives for technological leadership in the field of production of renewable fuels.
The Maintenance Automation Electrical Technician will be responsible for the servicing, commissioning and troubleshooting of all utility and production related equipment and work closely with the Management team in achieving day to day production goals. The day to day maintenance strategy and overall planning will be led and signed off by the Plant Operations team and Plant Manager. The individual will report to the Maintenance Manager and work closely with him on the maintenance strategy, implementation timetable and budget. To roll out the implementation of the maintenance strategy, the individual will work closely with the production, terminal, lab, administrative and health and safety teams to communicate ongoing work and collaboratively resolve any and all maintenance related activities in a timely manner that could lead to bottlenecks in day to day operation
- Perform service, start-ups, repairs, trouble-shoot, preventative maintenance service, ongoing and periodic inspections, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested.
- The individual must keep current on all products in the market, operation, maintenance, service requirement, and calibrations and repair while closely working with the Production and Plant Management.
- Provide technical support and basic training to operators and supervisor to assist them in their existing roles.
- The incumbent will be required in his role to assist with basic electrical disconnects of critical equipment in the MCC and field to help support emergency maintenance.
- The individual will be required from time to time to trouble shoot equipment starters and variable frequency drives if rotating equipment is not operating properly.
- The individual must be available to support occasional call backs after hours to help assist any issues that arise during the 24/7 operation
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working in a production facility supporting day to day improvements
- Have a basic knowledge of PLC programming to assist with diagnosing problems and Allen Bradley hardware
- Have a basic knowledge of Rockwell Automation Software
- Basic knowledge of programming Allen Bradley variable frequency drives
- Capable of working with outside contractors to help with the replacement and installation of existing and new equipment.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, specifications and creating technical scopes of work to execute new projects.
- Capability to re-program / diagnosing instrumentation issues and setpoints using a HART
- Perform routine daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance on all electrical systems as per the maintenance management program
- Complete monthly inventories of the spare parts and determine additional spare parts to improve day to day reliability.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the development and continuously improving maintenance program using both internal and external facility resources.
- Strong engagement in the Health and Safety culture within the facility.
- Provide leadership and direction to the operational team and foster a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Assist in the development and execute capital projects within the facility with the assistance of the Process Engineer.
- Must be able to deliver measurable results and follow the maintenance implementation schedules.
What We Offer:
- Full time employment with opportunities to grow and learn in a team environment in a sustainable and growing economic environment.
- Competitive compensation package
- Full benefits package
- Company training programs
- Flat hierarchies with short communication paths
Job Type: Full-time
- working in a production facility: 5 years (Required)
- programming and automation: 2 years (Required)