Independently owned and operated for more than 100 years, Sheridan Nurseries is Canada's largest, fully integrated garden centre, retailer and grower, known for top quality products and services. At Sheridan Nurseries we offer employees a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment, focused on growth, development and personal well being with flexible, comprehensive training programs. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension. Sheridan Nurseries Georgetown Garden Centre is actively searching for a:
Permanent, Full Time
About the job
This management position involves the daily supervision, training and coaching of staff as well as the implementation of sales strategies, marketing programs, merchandising and store presentation standards.
- Responsible for driving top line sales through selling, coaching and motivation of staff.
- Being a leader, demonstrating corporate standards and holding staff accountable.
- Development of staff with product knowledge and other relevant corporate information ensuring understanding and compliance.
- Accountable for meeting budget and business plan expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical demands of the job include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple demands, setting priorities, making decisions and judgement to ensure our guests receive an exceptional experience.
- Knowledge of retail business practices with an enthusiastic approach to selling.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills (written, electronic and verbal).
- POS experience is an asset.
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs.
- Standing up for most the shift with sitting, bending and squatting at various times required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.