CLASS 1 BLASTER NOVA SCOTIA
Reporting to the Project management team, the Class 1 Blaster will be responsible for carrying out drilling and blasting operations throughout Nova Scotia.
- Drilling blast holes, loading explosives by hand, or directing bulk explosives trucks to load holes.
- Providing leadership and supervision to all blast site employees including the communication of daily work plans and project scope.
- Connecting electrical wires, detonating cords or fuses into series and connecting series to blasting machine.
- Safely detonating charges, including pre-blast inspections and post blast survey and assessment.
- Directing the drilling of blast holes and determining depth, diameter and pattern of blast design.
- Safely handling and transporting explosives and accessories.
- Reading and interpreting instructions, drawings and diagrams to ensure full understanding of the project requirements.
- Conduct site specific hazard assessments to ensure the safety of site staff and surrounding infrastructure as it relates to blasting operations.
- Ensure that all regulations related to blasting operations are strictly adhered to. (NS OH&S Reg’s, Blasting Safety Reg’s, WHMIS, TDG, Explosives Act Canada).
- Adhering to all company safety policies and safe work practices related but not limited to drilling and blasting operations.
- Communication with site staff and the project management team.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Minimum education: Completion of Grade 12 high school.
- Nova Scotia Class 1 Blasting License.
- Class 5 Drivers License minimum.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken..
- Above industry average remuneration based on qualifications and experience.
- Full health and medical benefits including life insurance and AD&D available.
Job Type: Full-time
- Blasting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 1 Blaster (Required)