AWM-Alliance Real Estate Group Ltd. (‘AWM’) is a Real Estate Service Co. that has been active in Greater Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Whistler and the Interior of BC since 1997. AWM has recently enjoyed a very rapid level of growth over the past few years and has evolved from being a dominant neighbourhood Real Estate firm in Greater Vancouver to becoming one of the most active firms in Canada.
Situated in the heart of Vancouver and near all transit routes, due to double digit growth, AWM is looking to add a Junior to Intermediate Property Accountant to join and grow with their dynamic 28 person accounting team on a full-time permanent basis in their Vancouver Head Office.
- Monthly financial statement preparation for a portfolio of strata and commercial properties
- Preparation of supporting working papers
- CAM Reconciliations
- Cash management of trust accounts
- Annual budget preparation
- Year-end audit preparation
- GST filings
- Assist in new ERP system implementation
- Communication with owners, strata council members and property managers
- Liaison with auditors and bankers
- 1-3 yrs in an accountant role (preference given to property accounting experience)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and experience in full-cycle financial statement preparation
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work independently and multi-task in a large volume, fast-paced environment
- Has a "do what it takes" attitude to meet tight deadlines and be a contributing member in a team environment
- Has proven efficiency in Excel, Word and accounting software.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to build an accounting career with a dynamic growing organization. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes fully-paid Extended Health/Dental benefits.
Please submit COVER LETTER, RESUME and SALARY EXPECTATIONS.
No recruiters please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent