Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon-based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold underground mine. It is located 240 kilometres north of Whitehorse along the Klondike Highway. We have a dynamic fast-paced environment with satellite offices in Whitehorse and Calgary.
Minto continues to ramp up production and are building a strong future and legacy for our employees, partners, and communities.
We are looking for people with dynamic skill sets and a strong work ethic to be part of our team!
We are seeking a Training Coordinator for a full-time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a two-week on/two-week off rotation.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have,
· 10 years’ experience working as a Training Coordinator role in mining, preferably with underground mining experience,
· Experience in Mine Rescue and supporting team training requirements,
· Train the Trainer certification or willing to obtain,
· Instructional experience in a group business setting preferred,
· Experience providing full-scope training materials, from analyzing company needs to be planning, development, delivery, and implementation,
· Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously,
· Extensive knowledge of best practices in creating instructional materials,
· Experience creating yearly training plans and materials for all departments,
· Proficient using MS Office products and LMS system, knowledge of Workhub is an asset,
· Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service,
· Ability to communicate effectively with management and other departments,
· Yukon First Line Supervisor ticket or ability to obtain,
· Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
· Development of cross-functional training matrices for all functional departments and positions across site,
· Conduct site-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed,
· Design and develop training programs (outsourced and/or in-house),
· Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and competencies,
· Seek and gather information from management, employees, and other departments regarding the effectiveness of completed training courses and constantly seek to improve,
· Actively seek out best practices to facilitate training employees,
· Coordinating external vendors to facilitate on site training programs,
· Schedule and conduct meetings with management to proactively identify topics to address areas in need of additional instruction,
· Developing internal communications materials within the company promoting the course and details,
· Coordinate and plan, for the creation and implementation of an annual training schedule for departments and employees,
· Coordinate external and internal training support needs by department, equipment or skill, and new individuals/positions,
· Responsible for the maintenance of training documentation in the learning management system,
· Demonstrate safety leadership within a team environment and promote environmental awareness in all work or task-related duties,
· Maintain a high standard of performance in your duties,
· Be an effective communicator in English (verbal and written) at all levels, including keeping your cross-shift and other team members always fully informed
· Participate in site-specific training,
· Comply with company standards, as well as Yukon Territory and Canadian federal standards,
· Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Standard Operating Procedure creation: 3 years (preferred)
- Underground Mining: 1 year (preferred)