Private Company In-House General Legal Counsel
The Proactive Group of Companies ('Proactive') is a diversified company spanning the areas of health and wellness, various operating businesses, and real estate holdings.
We are currently searching for an In House Legal Counsel to join and form our legal department. This is a newly created position and will be our first in-house counsel for Proactive. In this role, you will work with the General Manager and Corporate Controller to provide management across the organization with effective and innovative legal advice on company strategies and their implementation,
Your role will be to manage the legal and compliance functions and coordinate with our external counsel when and if needed. The In House Counsel also provides legal guidance on general corporate matters as they arise, including but not limited to capital structure, acquisitions financing, employment, real estate and litigation.
YOUR NEW ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
· Provide timely, proactive and solution-oriented legal advice to all business units.
· Draft, review and provide legal advice in relation to ongoing business issues.
· Review and participate in the negotiation of contracts with third parties, including supplier contracts, clients, consultant contracts, banking paperwork, and premises leases.
· Participate in the definition, development and drafting of corporate policies, procedures and programs to support the business units.
· Understanding & compliance with regulatory body rules and regulations.
· Recommend risk management methods.
· Lead corporate activities relating to any legal actions involving the Proactive Group.
· Oversee preparation and maintenance of corporate documents, filings and registrations and the corporate records books of all entities in the Proactive Group.
· Support on matters related to corporate transactions and governance.
· Serves as key lawyer and legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, financing, investments, and partnerships.
· Works closely and collaborates with all functions throughout the company on business and product initiatives to ensure compliance with regulatory and contractual obligations.
· Oversees matters related to intellectual property protection and compliance, including any patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secrets
WHO YOU ARE
· LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent)
· Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
· 5 years of experience in corporate law from a BC law firm
· Superior interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and an established record of providing proactive, business-friendly advice.
· Highly motivated and independent self-starter; comfortable learning new legal areas and skills
· Excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Excellent work ethic and collaborative skills.
· Sound judgment, strong interpersonal & organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
· Experience in a legal environment in corporate/commercial law
· Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment or previous experience working in medium to large size corporation.
Thank you for your interest in a career with the Proactive Group of Companies.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$120,000.00 per year