Blooming Acres is a residential community that serves children, teenagers and adults diagnosed with multiple and complex special needs; such as Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, Pervasive Developmental Disorders, Cognitive and Developmental Disabilities, Tourette Syndrome, ADHD, Fetal Alcohol Disorder and Mood and Anxiety Disorder.
Reporting the Manager, the Residential Care Worker supports our Mission and Vision to build a supportive and caring community and to guide our learners to reach their full potential through skills instruction using the home-education model to respond to each learner’s specific education, social and vocational needs.
Overnight Awake Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
Responsible for support to residents overnight including the following:
- Direct care of our complex residents; including feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, and bowel and bladder care (for some individuals)
- support a variety of complex care residents in group home setting, by providing behaviour management support
- On-going housekeeping related duties which include, meal preparation, laundry and light clean up
- Support our residents to reach their full potential by building relationships with residents, demonstrating an interest in the resident, responding to resident’s needs, negotiating focused goals and building their self-esteem
- Communicating and documenting any change in the status or needs of individual residents while maintaining positive and effective relations with residents, their families, co-workers, and management
- Participate as a member in a team environment by promoting and maintaining professional conduct, resolving conflict, acknowledging individual differences and supporting team members and residents
- Protect self and others by maintaining a safe environment via safety inspections, emergency procedures, crisis intervention techniques and Safe Management
- Complete necessary documentation in accordance with our Policies and Procedures, and the Ministry of Community and Social Services requirements and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Required: High School Diploma and a passion for working with special needs (training will be provided)
- Preferred: Diploma in Child and Youth Studies or Development Service Worker, or Personal Support Worker or equivalent education from a recognized Educational Institute
- First Aid Level C
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector, medical clearance and successfully pass Safe Management training.
- Valid G Class Driver’s License an asset
We sincerely thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require an accommodation during our interview process, please inform Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Residential Care: 1 year (Preferred)