The role of the Pipefitter Turnaround Planner is accountable for detailed Maintenance planning, scheduling, cost estimating and control functions in general to maximize production while achieving budgeted targets in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. Planning knowledge and experience; particularly with Maximo, is an asset. The ideal candidate should hold a Journeyperson Pipefitter certificate; as well as, have a minimum of 5 years experience in turnaround or maintenance coordinating and/or planning. Turnaround Pipefitter Mechanical Planner: Reporting to the Turnaround Planning Supervisor, you will be responsible to oversee and plan the specific activities related to your skill set for selected Turnaround work scopes..
- Review all outstanding work orders (Turnaround related) in Maximo and maintain a list of workable work orders for outages
- Coordinate with operations, integrity / inspection, projects, engineering and maintenance for the final scope of work
- Prepare a final list of jobs for steering team approval
- List out all outstanding work orders on a weekly basis
- Develop and maintain a list of “Turnaround” work orders
- Initiate RFI’s when required and follow up
- Review historical records of previously executed outages and Turnaround related jobs, collate information and develop data for assessing and planning
- Perform job walk / site verification to ensure job packages are fully complete and satisfactory (due diligence)
- Develop work packages for tasks not found in the technical archives which include; detailed activity break-up, jobs safety analysis, P&ID’s, WPS, repair procedures, inspection reports, drawings and contract services
- Understand worst case scenario and mitigation plan to control any bad actors
- Identify & list out resources required for all Turnaround scopes including parts, labor, equipment, materials, special tools, procedures, critical lifts, documents and specialty contract services.
- Identify the materials with long-lead delivery.
- Coordinate with the materials Coordinator for budgetary quote and delivery schedule - Perform technical review of quotes from Vendors and coordinate with engineering and integrity for added information
- Coordinate with operations / projects / integrity / engineering and maintenance planning to create the final list of Turnaround jobs for scope challenge sessions
- Create work orders for all approved Turnaround work (if required)
- Assemble final work packs
- Coordinate with material Coordinator for final BOM & follow-up for timely delivery
- Assist the Scheduler in the development of the Master Execution Schedule
- Attend all identified Turnaround training and team meetings
- Create Field Execution Plans (FEP) assigned to you
- Review Field Execution Plans created by others as assigned to you
- Create Materials Breakout Sheets for your jobs
- Identify the need for further planning and estimating by craft specific planning in the areas of scaffold, insulation, heat tracing, cranes etc.
- Review “Inspection” jobs with Site Inspectors and ensure the FEP accomplishes the type of inspection which are required
- Provide detailed planning and scheduling assistance to various third party companies which could be planning specific work scopes
- Liaise with Vendors on vessel internals and process issues
- Work with owner companies staff to ensure all documentation required for all jobs are prepared and included in the job packages
- Attend & participate in Critical Job Reviews related to FEP’s
- Work with TA Coordinator to assign Level of Complexity to the jobs
- Investigate and propose creative ways to carry out work that would normally be considered as Turnaround scope only
- Review job packages with various Field Project Managers
- Develop job packages for approved late and added work
- Know and comply with all regulations and legislative requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Act for the Province of Alberta and environmental standards
- Follow safe work procedures and ensure all comply
- Report any injury or illness immediately
- Report unsafe acts and conditions
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and is worn where and when required
Must have a Grade 12 or GED
Journeyman Trade Certified: Pipefitter with a minimum of 5 years experience
Dynamic individual with 5 years minimum coordinating or planning experience
A good working knowledge of Maximo
Proficient with Microsoft office products such as Word & Excel
Knowledge of routine maintenance and/or turnaround practices, performances measures, scheduling tools and techniques
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Strong interpersonal, communication, administrative and leadership skills are required
Motivated, self-starter who can work well independently or within a team environment
An effective communicator with the ability to develop positive working relations across a multitude of business units
Exercises good judgment on complex decisions
HOURS OF WORK (SHIFTS): 4/3 SHIFT (MONDAY - THURSDAY); Potential for O.T./Shift Change (6/1) during Shutdown
ADDITIONAL INFO: Flight provided in and out of Edmonton and Calgary Hubs and Camp Accommodations provided.
We would sincerely like to thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
"WestCorp Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential."
Reference ID: 281
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Fly-In/Fly-Out
- Maximo: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Planning: 3 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)