The incumbent is responsible for responding to maintenance requests within the plant and for Operation responding to maintenance out calls at other Durabuilt Windows and Doors’ facilities in Edmonton Area.
The Maintenance tech will maintain an excellent track record of maintenance works completed, be skilled and proficient with hand tools, and have positive team focused attitude. He/she will be able to complete simple jobs efficiently and effectively and assist team members in more complex repairs.
Essential Job Tasks
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings
- Knowledge of using hand and power tools
- Good/working knowledge of lathes, milling machines and grinders
- Move, assemble and install machinery and equipment such as shafting, precision bearings, gear boxes, motors, mechanical clutches, conveyors, and tram rails, using hoists, pulleys, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Diagnostics skill, trouble shoot electrical, electronic, pneumatic components/circuits
- Replace/repair parts to improve reliability and follow up after repair.
- Operate and maintain utility equipment’s including air compressors, power transformers, scissor lift, fire alarm system.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs on equipment’s to determine worn out parts before failure and plan to replace, keep records.
- Performs lock-out and tag out system.
- Knowledge of Autonomous maintenance and follow up.
- Continuous improvements of existing system.
- Implement energy conservative measures on energy incentive equipment
- Knowledge of computer operating systems including excel, word.
- Machines rebuilt adequate knowledge.
Primary Qualifications Required:
- 1-3 years of experience with diploma in electro-mechanical.
- Trade Certificate (not mandatory)
- Position will require working overtime on short notice
- Good customer relations, written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative and problem-solving skills
- Mechanically inclined and able to work at heights over 10 feet
- Must be a team player and able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptable in any situation
- Travel may be required occasionally.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
- Medium level (20 -49 lbs) on regular basis and heavy on rare occasions (50 – 99 lbs)
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter explaining their interest in and fit for this role. Only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.
By submitting your resume and personal information to Durabuilt Windows & Doors, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by Durabuilt Windows & Doors to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the Company.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)