Established in 2002, Zafin is the award-winning global leader in cloud-based product and pricing solutions for banks, enabling its clients to create and execute innovative products and propositions to respond to market challenges and opportunities at speed. The company is transforming the banking industry—catalyzing core modernization and digital transformation strategies, enabling improved customer experiences, driving revenue, and increasing operational efficiency across the globe. Zafin’s platform is proven. The company has high impact installations in place delivering value at more than 30 banks worldwide.
Zafin is privately owned and operates out of multiple global locations including North America, Europe, and Australia. Zafin is backed by significant financial partners committed to accelerating the company’s growth, fueling innovation and ensuring Zafin’s enduring value as a leading provider of cloud-based solutions to the financial services sector.
Zafin is proud to be recognized as a top employer. In Canada, UK and India, we are certified as a “Great Place to Work”. The Great Place to Work program recognizes employers who invest in and value their people and organizational culture. The company’s culture is driven by strategy and focused on execution. We make and keep our commitments.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) , Zafin's Senior Vice President, Marketing (SVP) is an experienced and collaborative strategic operator who provides inspired marketing leadership to the organization in a way that ensures alignment of marketing to the Company strategy and enablement for other areas of the organization. Mandate scope includes but is not limited to the omni presence of our product and brand messaging, demand/lead generation, website SEO, content marketing, product marketing and packaging, brand marketing, recruitment marketing, public relations, communications, and events. Marketing plays a key role in ensuring that Zafin takes the right steps as part of accelerating the growth strategy.
Location: can be based anywhere in Canada.
What will you do?
Strategy & Leadership
- Lead the end-to-end approach with key stakeholders to set a Company-aligned Marketing strategy that drives results, ensuring a compelling brand and packaging that evangelizes our offering.
- Own the Company’s Marketing core messaging mandate and creation of the Marketing plan that executes against the marketing strategy and helps successfully drive the Company’s strategy.
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team to shape and embed Zafin’s brand and messaging architecture across the organization.
- Provide valued diversity of thought and expertise, foster collegial relationships, leverage professional networks and build partnerships internally and with other organizations.
- Keep key stakeholders abreast of legal and regulatory requirements related to Marketing, ensuring compliance and risk mitigation.
Management of People and Resources
- Lead execution of the Marketing plans, working hands-on, with a focus on delivering results against KPIs (e.g., demand gen, sales, effectiveness of messaging architecture, brand positioning in market).
- Lead a high-performing Marketing team that partners across the organization to ensure marketing’s activities/outputs/artifacts align with all areas of the business such as Product, Sales, Ecosystem, Services and Talent.
- Ensure Marketing team is supported and enabled to perform and develop to full potential; oversee performance management, ensure business continuity and succession planning, and onboard / offboard team members when necessary.
- Oversee Marketing resources and the day-to-day operations of Marketing.
- Ensure optimal scalable operating effectiveness and efficiency for all processes and initiatives connected with Marketing, in collaboration with end-to-end process owners.
- Be an enabling partner to the Sales organization, ensuring marketing efforts strategically support the account-based marketing approach being executed.
- Ensure organizational means (people, process, platform) for team success.
- Identify and manage Marketing agencies, vendor and services providers to deliver against expectations.
- Establish the tools, frameworks, and materials to ensure messaging and communication for all parts of the organization that is aligned with the core architecture.
- Own the creation and continuously improve key materials and artifacts that facilitate communication and storytelling of our brand and messaging architecture. Materials include but are not limited to website, buyer personas, competitive intelligence, value propositions/stories (by persona, by product, by problem, etc.), sales collateral, sales-oriented use cases, product marketing (at varying levels of technical detail), client case studies/success stories, white papers, playbooks and other marketing-related strategy enabling materials.
- Ensure product updates are evangelized to target audiences and are accurately reflected across the full suite of external-facing and internal-facing company materials and stakeholders.
- Champion and support Marketing adjacent initiatives to fuel the power of One Zafin.
What do I need to succeed?
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as SVP, Marketing or equivalent, preferably for a growth stage SaaS B2B technology company in Fintech, Banking and/or consulting to both financial services and IT industries.
- 8+ years' of hands-on experience leading high-performing multi-disciplinary marketing teams through various stages of growth.
- Demonstrated track record of outstanding performance and accomplishments in aspects relevant to the accountabilities and responsibilities of the role.
- Strong storytelling skills that attract attention from buyers’ and investors. Crisply and powerfully articulating our messaging across all channels and stakeholders.
- Ability and endurance to be an effective strategic operator; articulate the strategic big picture and execute flawlessly in a dynamic environment with limited resources.
- Team player with strong consultative problem-solving skills and superior ability to drive results through highly effective and efficient collaborative approach.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic digital marketing technologies and techniques for the B2B environment.
- Active professional network and influential social media presence.
- Superb communication and people skills, able to work and collaborate well with Leadership peers, direct reports, and external parties.
- Flexibility with working hours based on business needs and operating in multiple time zones.
What's in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that makes you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
Zafin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.