Requisition ID: 87007
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Customer Experience Lead, Retail Branch, Canadian Banking Retail Distribution
Leads and oversees the overall success of the Retail Service team, in a Canadian Bank branch, ensuring business strategies, initiatives, and specific individual goals are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
1. Leads and drives a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2. Contributing to the overall Net Promoter Score by identifying opportunities to enhance the customer experience by:
Demonstrating and coaching to the Service Basics* during and after customer interactions and providing transaction authorizations and review as required;
Provide consistently excellent customer experiences and demonstrate ‘Our Service Promise’ by being best at the basics: Friendly, Willing to Assist, Efficient and Professional;
Ensuring every customer experience is consistent with Scotiabank’s service standards and customer concerns are resolved quickly and efficiently, escalating to the Branch Manager and/or the Office of the President as appropriate;
Ensuring the Branch presents a professional image according to Bank and Brand Care requirements;
Executing service management activities as outlined in the Branch Management Disciplines.
3. Oversee the implementation of the Bank’s policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures to minimize Bank’s exposure to risk by:
Assigning, in conjunction with the Branch Manager, position authorities for team members;
Adhering to and ensuring team members’ compliance with position authorities, limits and bank policies;
Reporting immediately any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity and escalating issues/deficiencies/trends to the Assistant Manager, Branch Manager and/or applicable Shared Services department as appropriate;
Arranging cover for authorizations during necessary absences;
Monitoring and taking appropriate action on deficiencies with Branch premises, systems, equipment and supplies, including ensuring ABMs are serviced and stocked;
Provides human resource administration support for the Branch team (eg. Submitting HORIZON maintenance, vacation management, managing Leaves of Absence etc.);
Adhering to cash, custody and security procedures and policies at all times.
4. Lead the delivery of customer service at the service counters and support the promotion of Bank service by:
Developing a clear understanding of the branch’s financial and non-financial goals;
Monitoring work schedules for the team to ensure they meet customer service demands, recommending adjustments to the Manager Advice and Service as required;
Ensuring service counters, workstations and surrounding areas are organized and present a professional image;
Champion the growth in customer adoption of digital banking activities and self-service channels.
5. Acting as main point of contact for internal support services groups, including:
The Customer Contact Centre (CCC), on issues related to customer enquiries, complaints/escalations;
The Shared Services Group (SSG), who work with the Branch to support/enable sales and service to our customers (eg. Support with Customer Transactions, Investments, Fulfillment;
National Collections Centre, Central Mortgage Unit, Commercial/Corporate/Small Business functions etc.);
The Centralized Accounting Unit (CAU) for Investment Platform processes that cannot be completed in Branches due to system restrictions.
6. Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
7. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
8. Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Expert knowledge of service management activities and techniques, including execution of the applicable Branch management Disciplines; thorough knowledge of Scotiabank’s service standards and service excellence activities;
Thorough knowledge of daily and periodic Branch routines, procedures and policies, including cash, custody and security processes and procedures. To complement this knowledge, a thorough understanding of Branch Controls and Branch Applications is required;
Thorough knowledge of techniques and guidelines for managing customer traffic;
Thorough knowledge of transactional services and related policies and procedures;
Thorough knowledge of cash, custody and security processes and procedures;
Thorough knowledge of branch systems (Sales Builder, Intralink, Worklist, Forms-Free Teller- FFT);
Thorough knowledge of regulatory compliance related to Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti- Terrorist Financing, Know Your Customer, FCAC, CDIC and Occupational Health & Safety;
Working knowledge of the Canadian Code of Practice for Consumer Debit Card Services (Debit Card Code of Conduct).
Works in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence, including Saturdays, with the risk of exposure to hold-ups, extortion etc. The position is primarily non-physical, however some shifting and lifting of boxes, cash and coin is required. Customer demands are constant and unpredictable.
Location(s): Canada : Saskatchewan : Estevan
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.