With 22,000 trained employees in 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company. From Vancouver to St. John’s, we maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial, retail, recreational, educational and food manufacturing facilities.
Monday to Friday (Some Weekends)
Days (Hours to be decided)
Benefits after probation period
- Maintain the account cleaning requirements at a consistent, optimum level of efficiency.
- Ongoing training of hourly paid staff in the correct procedures of cleaning, according to the company’s policies and procedures, and WHMIS training on hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
- Advise the Operations Manager of any changes in requirements that may necessitate changes in the work schedule or invoicing, (i.e. tenant vacancies).
- Establish work schedule and maintain accurate daily records of hours worked by each employee on time sheets and submit time sheets to branch payroll in timely manner.
- Supervise, lead, motivate and develop employees within assigned duties.
- Advise the branch office of all new or terminated employees and ensure that all employment documentation is properly completed.
- Conduct daily inspections of all areas to ensure work is being carried out in accordance with procedures and implement corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure that security reports are prepared on any damaged articles, breakage, burned out lights or any unusual circumstances or accidents which may have occurred.
- Ensure that periodic work is scheduled and completed on time in accordance with the account requirements.
- Obtain all special requests from the client, branch management and ensure that Operation Manager is notified so that requests are carried out promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are followed and maintained, also report to Operations Manager any WSIB issues for any employee injured on the job.
- Order supplies as per company policies and procedures and ensure proper control over stock at all times.
- Maintain a record of all equipment and ensure all equipment is kept clean and serviced.
- Previous experience within the cleaning industry.
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals.
- Understanding of health and safety issues.
- Previous experience supervising/managing staff
- Must have a valid drivers licence (operate a golf cart)
- Required to be flexible in adjusting workloads of staff to manage around absenteeism, special projects.
- Assists employees in completing cleaning duties when necessary.
Must be able to pass Criminal Record Check.
GDI Services (Canada) LP is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify GDI Services (Canada) LP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation GDI Services (Canada) LP will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00-$21.00 per hour
- WHMIS: 1 year (preferred)
- Supervising: 1 year (preferred)