"At Stonehenge, we believe that everyone has the capacity to grow and contribute to society"
About the Role:
Our Part-Time Behavioural Counsellors supervise clients attending a residential addictions treatment program. Working at Stonehenge provides the unique opportunity to work in and learn about a "Therapeutic Community" model of addiction treatment. Our program at Stonehenge is one of only two funded Therapeutic Communities in Ontario.
This position requires a minimum commitment of availability to work 4-6 shifts per month, working primarily over the weekends and to cover holidays. Our Behavioural Counsellors must have availability to work days or afternoons, and overnight shifts (as needed) on the weekend.
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid personal days for part time staff
- Increased vacation entitlement for part time staff
- "Paid meal position" - staff enjoy meals with our Clients, provided by STC
- STC is proud to be a learning environment - professional development opportunities available.
- Completion of or enrollment in a Post-Secondary program relating to Social Services (College Diploma or University Degree) required
- Previous experience in the field of addictions and residential treatment preferred
- Valid G Driver’s License for a minimum of 3 years (G2 level or greater)
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record
- CSC Clearance conducted by PWGS Canada
- Standard First Aid/CPR Level C
- Own transportation (not on a bus route)
- Must live within 1 hour of Guelph (required)
Our Behavioural Counsellors:
- Supervise residents in daily activities as well as monitoring outings
- Monitor the treatment centre during evenings and overnights, in the absence of full-time staff
- Interact with residents consistent with individual treatment needs and treatment plans
- Lead and participate in programs
- Perform light housekeeping chores including laundry, clean staff offices, etc.
- Facilitate crisis intervention and containment strategies
- Facilitate recreational and psycho-educational program areas in a Therapeutic Community context
- Make referrals to internal and/or external programs or services, as appropriate
- Attend all mandatory training programs
- Attend the monthly team meeting
- Complete required documentation such as the electronic log, program notes, and Incident Reports
- Liaise and support full-time staff
- Prepare for and attend regularly scheduled clinical supervisions
STC accommodates the needs of applicants throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the (AODA) and Human Rights legislation. Should you require, accommodation can be made at any point, upon request.
Job Type: Part-time
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Ontario Driver's licence (G2 or G, min 3 yrs experience) (Preferred)