Environmental Services - Asbestos
Permanent, full time position
Our client is one of the most successful environmental testing laboratories in North America!
Please send your CV to Sarah Groom - email@example.com
Our client is seeking a Full Time Laboratory Manager who is experienced with asbestos environmental analysis that has excellent communication skills. The desired candidate would be someone with a strong work ethic and a drive to be successful. If you are a knowledgeable, committed, driven individual, we'd like to talk to you. Our client offers a competitive salary for someone with Asbestos Analytical experience in PLM/PCM. Commercial laboratory experience is strongly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Preparation and analysis of environmental samples using Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM) , Phase - Contrast Microscopy (PCM) and Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Ensures that company policies are adhered to by departmental personnel
- Ensures that work-scheduling procedures adequately address client needs
- Provides Customer Service to Clients
- Responsible for the data reported by the laboratory
- Ensures that QA standards are implemented, understood and administered, as per company policy
- Supports the QA Program
- Submits all QC data reports on a monthly as directed
- Ensures that the laboratory maintains compliance with the policies and procedures documented in the Quality Assurance Manual and the requirements as documented in the ISO 17025 standard
- Establishes or adjusts work flow to meet TAT schedules
- Recommend measures to improve testing procedures and use of equipment
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving analytical problems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Position requires a B.S. in Sciences preferably Geology or Biology
- Previous laboratory management, supervisor, or leadership experience preferred
- Experience in an environmental commercial lab
- Previous lab management or supervisor experience is preferred, senior analysts are welcomed to apply
- Candidate must be able to distinguish colors in order to perform analysis
- Knowledge of NLVAP and ISO 17025 procedures is a plus
- QA/QC experience in lab setting
- This person must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
- Must be willing and able to work extra hours and weekends when needed to meet business demands
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., extra hours and or weekend work may be required to meet business demands.