Job title :
LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANT
COQUIHALLA GILLIS HOUSE
RELIEF PART TIME (0.74 FTE)
Interior Health is currently seeking a Long-term Care Attendant to join our fabulous team at Coquihalla Gillis House in Merritt!
Gillis House embodies a client-centered philosophy designed to support clients’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. This facility is a one storey, stand-alone complex care facility with 74 long-term care beds. Rooms consist of four, two, and single dwelling accommodations. There are ceiling track lifts in each room and the rooms are wheelchair accessible.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
- Assist clients with personal care and activities of daily living
- Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
- Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
- Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
- Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
- Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a Temporary Part Time (0.74 FTE) opportunity at Coquihalla Gillis House working rotating evenings and nights with shift time of 16:00 to 22:00, 14:30 to 22:30, and 22:30 to 06:30.
If you are hoping for additional work, there are plenty of casual hours available on day, evening and night shifts and we are especially in need of staff to work nights and weekends. Gillis House is a fast paced facility with lots of internal movement and candidates have a good chance of being successful on a permanent line in the near future if they provide good availability to pick up shifts.
If you are looking for employment that offers you plenty of hours, a great experience skillset, and a supportive and fun team atmosphere, apply today!
The growing city of Merritt is the service centre for the ranch country of the Nicola Valley and provides an excellent base for exploring the many outdoor recreational opportunities in all seasons. It is particularly scenic in the early fall, when rolling fields and forest foliage take on a golden glow. Merritt is also ideally located as a central hub with access to the lower mainland, Kelowna and Kamloops!
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
- Along with a copy of your CV or resume, please upload a copy of your certificate as well*
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.