What on earth is DECIEM?
DECIEM is a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands. We're founded on the principle of doing everything others don't do and we are changing the world of beauty based on this principle. We have more than 10 brands in the beauty world and operate a growing portfolio of more than 300 products in more than 15 markets. We are growing very rapidly and want to do things no one has ever done before. We have been called every good and bad thing you can imagine like “The Hottest Beauty Company Right Now”, “The Most Thrilling Thing to Happen in Skincare” and “Canada’s Next MAC Cosmetics”. Ranked in LinkedIn's Top 25 Startup Companies of 2018.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us! The Procurement Associate is responsible for determining what needs to be purchased (including product specifications), sourcing of components, vendor selection and qualification, issuing and evaluating requests for quotation, and purchase order generation insuring timely delivery to meet the production requirements mandated by the sales-shipping demands of the Company.
- Monitor the Cut Report (Shortage Report), stock status reports and other indicators to maintain an acceptable packaging materials inventory to meet production schedules. Reviews above reports with the Head of Supply Chain and the Production Planner.
- Cost effective purchase and transportation of packaging materials, labels, and related production supplies.
- Filing claims for short shipments and/or damaged shipments of incoming materials and supplies.
- Verification of purchasing related invoices & freight bill for incoming materials and supplies (i.e. price, qty., pack & specs).
- Accurate maintenance of information on all inventories held at outside locations by vendors/manufacturers.
- Accurate maintenance of information concerning cost changes, vendors and lead times.
- Assists with the qualification of new vendors.
- Performs other miscellaneous Purchasing- and Sourcing-related duties as assigned.
Tasks and Duties:
- Runs & reviews “Cut” report (Shortage Report)
- Sources new suppliers for identified components.
- Creates and distributes purchase orders.
- Requests samples from suppliers.
- Request quotes, minimums and lead times on items contemplated for purchase.
- Arranges for the transportation of packaging components and supplies.
- Follows up with the vendors to make sure their committed delivery schedule is going to be met.
- Addresses quality, short ships and/or damaged shipments issues for incoming materials and supplies.
- Reviews incoming Purchase Orders detail to make sure it is what we ordered and that the price, quantity and terms are correct.
- Sources new raw material components as needed for the New Products team.
- Negotiates price and order quantities and then places Purchase Orders for items needed.
- Approves invoices of purchased products for payment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- PC Computer skills – including Word, Excel and in house programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to create reports.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments.
- Knowledge of quality control practices.
- Knowledge of international import rules.
- Ability to evaluate vendors as to quality, price and service.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and special pricing.
- Experience with the purchase of packaging materials, labels, printed items
Still interested…What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying to this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interview.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
- stock: 1 year (Required)
- procurement: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)