Reporting to the Supervisor, Supplies and Equipment, is responsible for processing service requests within the Paramedic QRS system; ensuring that work order requests are assigned appropriately to either Property Services, Logistics Controllers or Technicians; processing purchase and work orders and verifying invoices for completeness, accuracy and reconciliation; preparing purchase requisitions and placing orders in accordance with approved procedures; and supporting the Logistics counter requests for materials and equipment to provide timely customer service.
- Reviews facility reports in the QRS systems and assigns work to Property Services Branch (PSB) through the PSB system.
- Identifies the precise nature of the problem and coordinates assignment of work to internal Logistics Controllers or Technicians for follow up; follows up on outstanding work orders.
- Assesses urgency of requests and appropriate action to deal with the situation.
- Confirms that completion of work is performed satisfactorily following Region standard guidelines.
- Assesses work requests and provides input on determining appropriate charge code, if applicable.
- Follow up and provides reports on issues relating to complaints and concerns surrounding service requests; work order completion time lines; identifies maintenance repair trends for follow-up.
- Responds to routine enquiries and acts as a front line liaison for staff as it relates to the day to day logistics program; resolves concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensures that services provided meet Regional customer service standards.
- Provides support to Deputy Chief/Manager Paramedic Operations; maintains all unit logistics paper and electronic files.
- Creates and maintains hardcopy and electronic records in accordance with the corporate Records and Information Management Classification Coding system and Department policies, as well as the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care legislative requirements.
- Successful completion of a Post Secondary Diploma (one year or more) in Business Administration or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in maintenance, logistics planning, procurement, processing invoices and providing administrative support in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of facilities related and contract management practices and processes.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
- Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by December 11, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.