Ceva is a top 10 global Animal Health company. Our team is growing and we are looking for a high-energy individual looking for an opportunity to build an exciting career in the Animal Health industry. We are currently recruiting for a Research and Development Scientist to fill a vacant position based out of our Guelph location.
To assist in the development and licensure of viral, bacterial, parasitic and/or recombinant vaccines as well as new label claims or product improvement research of licensed vaccines.
Responsibilities and Key Duties:
- Obtaining USDA Licenses and/or Claims
- Conduct laboratory work and/or assign and oversee laboratory work on parasitic vaccine projects, for example, propagate parasite stocks, perform titrations and biological and/or molecular assays.
- Participate in and/or conduct/oversee trials and studies, for example, establish schedules and arrange for appropriate laboratory resources, conduct pre-trial meetings, participate in vaccination, challenge and necropsy.
- Plan aspects of and participate in executing R&D projects.
- Contribute to and/or write appropriate section(s) of R&D monthly summaries.
- Write drafts of CFIA/USDA protocols and reports.
- Prepare draft summaries of test results for use in R&D monthly summaries/reports, CFIA/USDA protocols and reports.
- Learn and implement new technology.
- Team Work with other R&D groups, Production Departments and Scientific Support/Product Support Personnel
- Provide training and support during transfer of projects and new technology to Production, Quality Control and other departments as appropriate.
- Provide training to R&D employees as well as other internal departments as appropriate.
- Provide technical input to Regulatory Affairs on assigned projects as requested.
- Laboratory Maintenance
- Oversee the organization and maintenance of inventory records for freezers and contents.
- Oversee preparation of media, reagents, buffers and glassware used in laboratory tests.
- Set schedules and insure completion of laboratory and equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Adhere to appropriate safety requirements and protocols.
Technical / Functional Competencies:
- General Microbiology
- Molecular Techniques: cloning, WB or other protein detection methods, PCR, sequencing
- Bacteriology - titration, purification, inactivation, cloning, protein expression, plasmid prep
- Parasites, such as Eimeria spp - titration, purification, inactivation, cloning, expression
- Tissue culture and/or Flow Cytometry an asset
- Animal infectious diseases and challenge model development
- Laboratory study design and data analysis
- Animal study design and analysis
- Technical writing (report, protocol and research reports)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Bioinformatics
- Ph.D. +/- DVM in Microbiology or Biology or equivalent OR
- Masters in Microbiology or Biology or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience OR
- or BA/BS in Microbiology or Biology or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence.
Job Type: Full-time