Hello, we are glad you’ve found us! We are Five Star Building Services and our Head Quarters is in Vancouver, BC. Here are some facts about our business:
1. Five Star is 100% Canadian owned and operated.
2. We have been a leader in the industry for 20 years and we provide full building maintenance, building management, caretaking and janitorial services.
3. We love working with enthusiastic people full of passion and are open to learning. We are always evolving and always looking for ways to improve ourselves.
4. Teamwork is a big part of who we are, and collaboration is key.
5. Providing exceptional quality and customer services experience is what we pride ourselves in.
This Janitorial Supervisor position is for individuals who have a knack for leadership and takes pride in the quality of your work. If you enjoy providing great service to customers, empowering and motivating those who work with you, and have great management skills, keep on reading!
Your Job Scope:
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of a team of cleaners and caretakers assigned to your portfolio.
- Provide direction and training to employees; and evaluate performance.
- Provide constructive feedback to guide, develop and coach employees.
- Build positive relationships with customers and promote Five Star services.
- Ensure all equipment is in good working order, track supply requests and monitor inventory.
- Prepare schedules and assign replacement staff.
- Fill-in and perform janitorial duties as required.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of potential candidates as needed.
- Ensure all cleaners are working safely and following health and safety.
- Assist in delivering supplies to job sites.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience from a similar industry.
- Team player with a great attitude.
- Must be willing to travel to different locations within the lower Mainland.
- Working knowledge of computer software and modern technology.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean record and have a car.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be available on weekends.
- Excellent health and dental benefits
- Bi-weekly pay cheques
- Gas allowance
- Company issued cell phone
- Career advancement opportunities
- Development and educational opportunities
- Job security - we have many long term 15+ years employees
- Seasonal staff team building events & activities
- Other incentive bonus.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- cleaning: 1 year (Required)
- Class 5 Driver's License (Required)