- Operate asphalt screed to apply asphalt per plan and quality specifications as instructed by crew superintendent to insure daily schedules/estimates are met. Also, must perform additional tasks of other positions as needed and instructed by foreman.
- Screed operation on the asphalt paver involves making normal adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finished cross section of asphalt material via screed controls.
- Ability to operate or initiative to learn to operate other equipment required on an asphalt crew
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the equipment.
- Ability to operate asphalt paver/screed within designated area with attention to detail and emphasis on craftsmanship.
- Ability to guide and direct dump trucks while backing up to machine hopper when operating paver.
- Manipulates hand or foot levers to control movements of machine spreads and levels asphalt on subgrade of highway and related surfaces such as parking lots, streets, etc.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- Must have experience operating screeds, as well as automatics.
- Must have experience with commercial, as well as highway paving.
Wages will be determined based on experience. Please indicate which position(s) you are applying for on resume/application. Please provide references.
If you are interested in joining our growing company, please email your resume to careers@Meseyton.com, call 204-239-6267, or visit us on Highway #1 West of Portage la Prairie, to fill out an application.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted.