Partners in Parenting is currently seeking Residential Support Workers who are passionate about supporting individuals who have developmental and physical disabilities, as well as medical and mental health concerns in our supported living program residences located in Orleans, ON and/or Navan, ON
Ideal candidate should have strong behavior management skills and experience managing mental health needs.
Various Part Time and Full Time positions available.
Must be available for evenings and weekends.
"Partners In Parenting is a culturally sensitive, community based organization. Collectively, we are committed to providing socially inclusive residential and day service programs. By empowering our teams, we strive to provide high quality care in a learning environment."
- All training time is paid
- Continuous learning opportunities - $200 each year available for educational experiences
- Benefits – Dental, Vision, Extended Health, Life Insurance, LTD coverage etc.
- Work / Life balance – We understand the importance of self-care for our employees and work to ensure they are taking the time off needed to recharge.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide assistance to individuals with daily living as required including, but not limited to, personal care (showering, toileting, etc.) and teach basic skills such as meal preparation and nutrition, finances, housekeeping, laundry and shopping.
- Ensure all social needs are being met in the aspects of community involvement
- Administer medication as prescribed and document.
- Participate, implement, support and maintain all Individual Support Plans and Behaviour Protocols to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all individuals.
Qualifications and Skills
- CYW , SSW , DSW , PSW or 1- 3 years experience in the field working with individuals with developmental delays, autism, physical disabilities, dual diagnosis etc., or an equivalent combination.
- Must have current valid CPR/First Aid training and CPI training.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check
The following are also required for successful candidates:
- Experience providing personal care and total care for physically disabled individuals.
- Written communication skills to complete forms and reports.
- Effective conflict resolution, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience in medication administration.
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work.
- Cooperation and respect for team members.
How to apply :
Please submit your Resume through the Indeed application form and use the message to the employer to submit your cover letter stating how your qualifications match the posting criteria.
Partners in Parenting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the qualifying experience, skills and abilities to apply. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
- assistance with personal hygiene routines: 1 year (Preferred)
- disabilities support: 1 year (Preferred)
- mental health support: 1 year (Preferred)