Do you love craft beer?
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, friendly, motivated, outgoing and hardworking individual who takes initiative. POS or computer skills are required. Shifts may be evenings, weekends and the occasional weekday. Flexibility in schedule is a must!
- Have strong love for craft beer and a desire to continually grow and learn
- Serve Stonehooker craft beers in the tasting room and make recommendations regarding our beer selection
- Be friendly, genuine and always put our customers first.
- Fill and sell growlers, sell bottles and cans, and Stonehooker merchandise
- Restock and replenish inventory when needed
- Be knowledgeable about the community and learn about the history of Stonehookers
- Run weekly tours as needed
- Record drink orders and sales into the POS system (Touch Bistro)
- Accept guest payment, process credit cards, debit cards and make change
- Prepare and serve items from our bar snack menu.
- Maintain cleanliness in the bar/store area as well as dish area and washrooms
- Display a sense of urgency and self-starting personality and attention to detail; we work in a fast paced environment that is constantly changing.
- Be familiar with all Stonehooker promotions and events and assist with on-site events as needed
- Complete opening and closing duties under the direction of front of house managers
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with the public and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time and remain cheery.
- Ability to change kegs, restock fridge, take direction and complete all tasks fully and on time.
- Valid Smart Serve certification
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge and experience of restaurant/tasting room operations and service procedures
- Math skills, able to handle cash and POS terminal
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, lift kegs, cases and climb up a ladder
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
- Punctual and reliable
- Well versed in beer history, brewing techniques, styles, flavour profiles or possess a willingness to learn
Education and/or Experience
- Interest and enthusiasm for craft beer, basic knowledge of beer styles
- 1 year experience in the service/hospitality industry
- Prud’homme or Cicerone certification or equivalent a bonus
- Valid and clean G driver's license an asset
Please send in your cover letter and resume - and tell us why you love craft beer!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual