Lab Administrator and Financial Assistant, Laboratory for Alternative Energy Conversion (LAEC), Simon Fraser University (SFU), Surrey Campus
The Laboratory forAlternative Energy Conversion(LAEC) seeks a Lab Administrator and Financial Assistance who will have responsibility for coordination and administration of the research program supported by various funding agencies such as NSERC and BC provincial funds, e.g. PICS and BC Innovate.
The LAEC is an internationally-renowned engineering research lab located at SFU Surrey Campus, under the direction of Professor Majid Bahrami, and is active in developing a number of technologies related to sustainable energy-water-food projects, see the lab webpage for more info: http://www.sfu.ca/~mbahrami/index.html
The Administrator is employed by Dr. Bahrami, the Lab PI. The position works closely with various SFU staff/offices as well as the LAEC researchers and our industrial partners and funding agencies. The position offers a great deal of flexibility in hours and location, as the majority of the tasks can be done remotely.
We are looking for a highly competent person with exceptional organizational and communication skills and attention to detail who shares our commitment to sustainability and clean technology and enjoys working with our research team.
· Prepare financial progress and final reports for research grants.
· Respond to financial question from funding agencies; communicate with Research Accounting and School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering (MSE).
· Oversee and track project accounts in SFU FAST; prepare Journal Vouchers (JVs).
· Create purchase requisitions for the Lab and the PI.
· Draft offer and appointment letters and collect required documents.
· Assist with grant applications, proofread documents and technical reports.
· Update PI’s academic CV (FORM 100, CCV) and related documents that are part of grant application.
This job is a contract position that can be renewed annually, with a steep learning curve -- you must be able to hit the ground running and learn quickly. You have:
· Directly relevant experience, ideally in the non-profit or academic sectors. A demonstrated track record supporting team-based, partnership-based or other complex projects is an asset.
· Experience with NSERC grants is desired, but we welcome applications from skilled project managers who have secured and overseen other types of grants.
· Superb organizational, project management and administrative skills, including experience developing and administering budgets.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Impeccable tact and judgment.
Job Type: Full-time