Position Title: Resident Services Ambassador
Job type: Full-Time
Reports to: General Manager, Oshawa
Why Varsity Properties?
Come work with us! Varsity Properties is a fast-paced, modern work environment; we are building people, building people. As a rapidly growing company, we at Varsity Properties pride ourselves on the emphasis we place on the continued professional development of our employees, providing the opportunity and support for all staff to pursue promotions, training programs, and continued education through various employee benefit programs. We at Varsity Properties believe in promoting a healthy work life balance for our employees, providing comprehensive benefits such as a vacation plan that ensures all our employees will have the downtime they need. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a customer facing, adaptable, high energy Resident Services Manager who has a passion for achieving customer satisfaction and making residents feel like they are at home! The applicant must be highly motivated, reliable and carry a positive attitude at all times! As a key member of the Varsity Team, the Resident Services Manager will strive to create a high level of resident and community satisfaction by providing our residents the total solutions to their various inquiries while maintaining a positive and professional attitude at all times.
A day in the life
- Research, create, and execute an Annual Community Experience plan identifying strategic goals, objectives, and responsibilities and evaluation for each school year.
- Maintain a social media presence at the property level; promoting events, creating blog posts, and maintaining engagement with our current residences.
- Conduct resident focus groups in order to maintain a presence within our community and understand our resident’s concerns.
- Act as the first point of contact for any community member, or resident looking to interact with Varsity Property, requiring consistent adaptability in the varying queries this position receives.
- Maintain property and services by investigating and resolving resident inquiries, enforcing rules of occupancy, lease agreements, parking lease agreements, and coordinate repairs with the property technician team.
- Prepare and follow through with the monthly Accounts Receivable and N4 process.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintain a presence in within the local student community, ensuring the Varsity brand has a presence within the community at all times.
- Work collaboratively with our Marketing team to maintain full rental occupancy by; advertising the property, filing vacancies, conducting tours, drafting lease documentation, negotiating lease agreements, and enforcing lease terms.
- Maintain a professional presentation each day as the first point of contact for Varsity Properties. This position is required to wear a name tag.
- Ensure to pause and greet all recognized residents within conversation distance.
- Building and maintaining healthy professional and friendly relationships with all residents within the community.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with customer facing positions, hosting positions, hospitality roles, or administrative assistant roles.
- A degree or diploma in business, marketing, or hospitality related fields is considered to be an asset.
- Any experience working with Student or Resident associations is considered to be an asset.
- Highly adaptable to the wide array of requests that may come through this position.
- Flexible, self-motivated, with an ability to make quick and informed decisions.
- Must be a strong-willed, persistent individual who can listen and effectively respond to resident concerns.
- Ability to work independently or in teams in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent time-management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with various MS office programs such as excel, word, and outlook.
- Knowledge of CRM systems such as Hubspot, Salesforce, etc. is considered to be an asset.
- Punctual and dependable with a can-do attitude.
- Smoking is not permitted on the property.
- A valid Police Criminal Record Check will be required upon hire.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time