As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Unit Clerk II Acts as receptionist and performs clerical duties including but not limited to data entry as related to ANSOS and CCIS; maintains statistical information for various patient care areas within the Health Services. The unit clerk participates in the flow of patients in and out of the unit.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent educational preparation required.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills required.
- Previous Unit Clerk II experience preferred
- Related clerical healthcare experience an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficient computer skills, expert in the use of Powerchart, ANSOS, SAP/SRM, and Microsoft preferred
- Must be successful in the completion of all mandatory testing for this position with a minimum score
of 70% required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem solve in a busy work environment required
- Demonstrated ability to accurately ty pe a minimum of 40 wpm required
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, and discretion i n matters related to patients, staff, and hospital affairs
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment required
- Demonstrates core MGH values
- Good work and attendance record required
- All emplo yees of Toronto East Health network - Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsibl e to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themse lves and their co-workers through adherence to Toronto East Health network's policies and practices.