Primary Duties include:
- Performs bookkeeping and payroll duties including staff and client payrolls, bank deposits, accounts payable and other client payments.
- Tracks online payments from Company’s website
- Enters all invoices submitted for payment, cut checks, submit reconciliation to treasurer for signature
- Sends quotations to clients
- Maintains bookkeeping files
- Good knowledge of what WSIB is and quick books
- Updates company’s website
- Gather and calculate data; prepare bank reconciliations and monthly financial reports
- Keep track of budget and provide monthly reports for individual departments/ ministries
- Opens, sort and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Greets and welcome each visitor in friendly, warm, and professional manner
- Performs other necessary and related work as may be assigned.
- Day-to-day communication with clients, company sales representatives, suppliers and vendors.
Qualification of the ideal candidate
- Post-secondary courses in accounting or business (college degree is preferred).
- Owns an accountanting license
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Highly proficient in computer software applications including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Diligent work attitude who can work independently and in a team environment
- Extremely organized with the ability to work in a fast pace environment,
- Quick learned with a high attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation, Employment Standards, taxation rules and year-end reporting processes.
- Bookkeeping: 5-10 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $35.00 /hour
- bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 5 years (Preferred)