Together with the Foremen, coordinates, assigns, directs and supervises the work on the floor of the tradesmen and apprentices within the shop, set ups & schedules jobs and routes onto the E2 ERP system, aligns jobs quotations and pricing for sales, undertakes some purchasing duties and material procurement, and deals with customer phone calls and walk in job traffic.
- Managing the day to day operations of the shop and the control room.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance for the equipment within the facility.
- Aligns job quotations & pricing together with the Foremen for sales personnel.
- Responsible for compiling work flow schedule pertaining to the inflow and outflow of various machined parts, repair projects, and fabrication projects throughout the facility.
- Together with the office, responsible for ERP system maintenance, accuracy, work order entry and closure upon jobs completion. Along with scheduled and estimated time of completion.
- Responsible for supporting, working with and enhancing existing certification programs within the facility (COR, QMS, and CWB).
- All other duties which may be assigned based on the company’s requirements.
- Meeting customer expectations; working closely with end customers & sales.
- Meet the operational objectives while complying with the overall corporate goals.
- Maintain a safe working environment and promote health and safety awareness.
- Identify, investigate and correct unsafe practices.
- Support employee development, mentorship and growth.
- Maintain a positive ‘team’ environment on the shop floor through respectful dealings with individuals from all departments.
- Meet set deadlines as per master shop schedule and customer demands.
- Previous experience within manufacturing, welding & fabrication and job shop environment.
- 3-5 years’ supervisory experience.
- 5-10 years of manufacturing & fabrication experience utilizing an ERP system.
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written skills when dealing with both internal team members and customers.
- Exceptional customer skills.
- Other assets considered a benefit: Trade designation, ERP system working knowledge, inventory control experience, manufacturing experience, and accounting background.
- Occasionally Lift / Carry weights to 50 lbs.
Time Commitment Expectations:
- Typical shift commencement 8am – 5pm; Monday through Friday.
- Earlier (or later) shift times may occur due to manufacturing and/or welding and fabrication projects required delivery dates.
- Saturday / Sunday shift times may occur due to manufacturing and/or welding and fabrication projects required delivery dates.
- After hours ‘on call’ duties required on an as needed basis.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Scheduling: 3 years (Preferred)