Under the direction of the Electronics and Industrial Automation Faculty, the Lab Technician ensures the equipment in the Electronics laboratories is in good repair and is ready for use as required. The Lab Technician organizes and maintains laboratory equipment, tools and supplies, may assist in the supervision of laboratory classes and maintains safety standards as mandated.
Job Knowledge; Judgment; Teamwork; Planning & Organization; Customer Service Excellence; Communication & Interpersonal Skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, tests and repairs laboratory equipment;
- Monitors and maintains an inventory control system of all equipment, tools and supplies and prepares purchase requisitions for equipment and supplies as required;
- Places into inventory supply and tool purchases for the Electrical and Electronics Programs;
- Ensures that Laboratories and storage areas are maintained in good order;
- Advises instructors about actions or practices that result in unnecessary damage to equipment.
Required Education & Experience
Electronics Technician; or equivalent and a minimum five years experience testing and repairing electronic equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to plan and prioritize tasks, and efficiently meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, display initiative, and apply effective analytical thinking to solve problems;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, with the demonstrated ability to exercise tact, good judgment and diplomacy;
- Ability to accept personal responsibility to ensure quality of work, attention to detail, and ongoing learning;
- Basic level of proficiency in using MS Office software (Access and Power Point not required); and familiarity with the Internet and web-based applications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please scan copies of your transcripts into one document for attachment. If your transcripts are not available at the time of application, please attach a letter or certificate of confirmation from the educational institution.