We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Senior Java Developer in banking projects.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Understand the client requirements thoroughly
- Convert the client documents into a solution document.
- Architect the solution based on the requirement
- Transformation of the legacy application using API and micro services
- Understand the web service call to and from the application and change the web service call as part of the transformation if needed
- Build micro services to transform the existing application
- Reverse engineer to understand the end to end flow of the existing application to transform it and build a strong diagram with the understanding of the document
- Deliver the services in the agile environment
- Create the user stories for each sprint and deliver the services based on the defined activities
- Coordinate with client and offshore team to solution and deliver the services
- Identify and mitigate risks to program delivery and schedule
- Participate in status meetings, report and communicate on status as appropriate
- Identify, analyze and escalate any issues, risks or changes as required
What you can expect from us:
- 8+ years of experience as Java developer
- Experience in spring boot is a must.
- Strong in creating the functional and technical document
- In depth knowledge in web services, analysing the web logs and identifying the issues through web logs
- Expert in API design and development
- Strong hand on knowledge in building micro services
- Hands on experience in REST and SOAP services
- Experience in Caching technology
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.