To be successful as a Room Attendant you must be honest, pleasant, and have detailed knowledge of, and comply with, all housekeeping policies, procedures, and standards.
Our jobs aren’t just about giving guests a clean room and a freshly made bed. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique. Our Guest Environment Experts are skilled in a wide range of housekeeping functions with responsibility for maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the whole hotel. They are empowered to move about their space and do what needs to be done. Whether delivering guest requests, stocking carts, cleaning rooms and public spaces, or other similar responsibilities, the Guest Environment Expert makes sure the spaces in the hotel help create a great guest experience.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success – ensuring a safe workplace, following company policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional. Guest Environment Experts will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for Guest Environment Experts – to get it right for our guests and our business every time.
Room Attendant Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Greeting guests and responding to queries.
- Changing bed linen and making beds.
- Replacing used towels and other bathroom amenities, such as shampoo and soap.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Vacuuming carpets.
- Dusting and polishing furniture.
- Emptying trash containers and ashtrays.
- Cleaning public areas, such as corridors.
- Reporting any technical issues and maintenance needs.
- Updating status of guest rooms on assignment sheet.
- Returning and restocking cleaning cart at shift end.
Room Attendant Requirements:
- High school diploma, preferred.
- Previous hotel housekeeping experience.
- Experience using industrial cleaning equipment and products.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Physical mobility and stamina.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Professional and polite.
We value efficiency, productivity and punctuality. Only apply if you think you have these traits and legally can work in Canada. Thank you
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50-$17.00 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fairmont Hot Springs, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
- Hotel Housekeepers: 1 year (preferred)