Junior Front End Developer/Designer
As one of the world's fastest growing agencies, OLIVER are looking for a Junior Front End Developer/ Designer who is enthusiastic and passionate about advertising, communications and evolving digital media.
As a leading global creative and digital agency, we specialize in building dedicated 'mini-agencies' for our clients to create excellent working synergies, becoming a true extension of their team, and a valued partner. We have broken the traditional agency/client 'vendor' relationship to build something better.
****This is NOT a full stack web developer role, those need not apply. This role requires at least 3 years of experience as a Front End Developer with an eye for design.***
The role of the Designer developer is to predominantly work on building out banners, CRM, emails, microsites and other digital projects that are created by the creative team.
They should contribute to the design process to ensure all concepts and layouts will work within the program and technology limitations. They should have a good appreciation of design in order to execute the creative vision at its best.
- Accurately implementing the designs that come out of the creative / design team
- Working on multiple products, including custom developments and mobile responsive applications
- Ensuring all code conforms to the standards, coding methodologies and best practices
- Ensuring all code releases to the live environment conform to company regulations.
- Responsibility for producing quality code and working with the testers to ensure correct functionality and behavior and for fixing day-to-day bugs.
- Researching and maintaining knowledge of developments relating to new technology, and exploring whether any new developments or existing technology can be pushed to do more for our clients
- Liaising with creative team to ensure feasibility of all ideas.
Technical Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years of experience HTML5 / CSS3 (SASS)
- Familiar with 3rd Party Ad Serving Platform implementations
- Knowledge and experience in hand coding HTML email
- Experience with NPM, Git, task runner (gulp, grunt etc.)
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or AEM
- Basic design skills, 1 year of experience programming digital assets following brand guidelines
- Working with web services (JSON)
- Experience of and enthusiasm for working within an Agile environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new languages and technologies.
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize.
- Strong communication skills.
The OLIVER personality
- A desire to always exceed clients' expectations
- A collaborative spirit, a people person with great communication skills
- A passion for creative and communications
- A solution orientated, self-starter
- A strong ambition for both for personal career and account/business grow