Spectrum Resource Group is the vegetation management solutions provider of choice in Western Canada. What distinguishes Spectrum from its competitors is its diverse and highly experienced workforce of professionals using an integrated approach from across disciplines to deal with vegetation and resource management issues.
We are looking for Technical Forestry Personnel to assist in our Forestry Development department for contracts based in Prince George, British Columbia.
Description & Duties:
Duties of this position involve assisting in all aspects of technical forestry work, including: block, road and riparian layout, timber reconnaissance surveys, timber cruising, GPS data collection. The position will involve both field and office based work in all aspects of forest resource management.
Preferred Characteristics and Prerequisites:
- Safety focused.
- Experience and knowledge in field activities related to: boundary and road layout, riparian layout and timber reconnaissance surveys, beetle.
- Good working knowledge with computers (MS Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- ATV experience
- Resource road driving
- Compensation is commensurate on prerequisites (above) and experience.
- Sponsorship opportunities to obtain your professional designation
- Benefits packages available to full-time employees
If you are safety conscious and ready to apply your knowledge while learning something new along the way, submit your resume and cover letter to our company website.
Spectrum offers a life-style. Our crews work hard and play hard, and often in the same areas! Get the opportunity to experience some of the most beautiful and untouched remote areas of British Columbia.
Whether you are looking for a year round career or a seasonal position, this is the place for you!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $195.00-$225.00 per day