Sodexo Healthcare Canada is seeking an experienced individual to fill the dynamic role as a part time Dietary Aide and join the team supporting food service operations at Richmond Hospital.The Dietary Aide role is open to a variety of shifts including days and weekends. Training is provided.
Salary: $16.85 per hour after probationary period.
Your role as the Dietary Aide includes but is not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations – prepares, serves, delivers & picks up meals as per service style of the facility
- Ensure clients receive meals correctly as defined by clinical requirements
- May work on a trayline to distribute food, including set up station, cleanup, advise cook when food replenishment is needed during service and communicating with Supervisor
- Ensure all leftover food products are stored properly
- Complies with HACCP standards – ensure proper food handling, storage, and labelling is followed
- Prepare food for distribution including portioning, measuring, wrapping and/or blending
- Meet tight timeframes and communicate with management on any client concerns in order to strive for 100% customer satisfaction
- Ensure clean and sanitized workspace and equipment, and complete dishwashing duties as required by job routine, following all Sodexo, client, and regulatory rules and health/safety procedures
- Restock inventory based on first in first out system and properly label/date food prepared/received
- Complies with all Sodexo safety and risk management policies and procedures striving for an accident free workplace
Who You Are
- Minimum grade 10 education
- FoodSafe I certification
- Previous food handling experiences is an asset
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, detail oriented
- English proficiency, verbal and written
Requirement upon hire:
- Current vaccinations records (Tetanus, Diptheria, Polio, Mumps, Rubella, Chicken Pox, Hepatitis A & B, Tuberculosis screening, Measles)
- Valid criminal record check through Ministry of Justice
- Have the ability to meet the organizational and physical requirements of the position
- Black slip resistant shoes
Who We Are
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed through over 50 years of experience. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its more than 425,000 employees throughout the world.
Our Commitment to You
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $16.85 /hour