Posting Number 40075
Requisition Title ARO Accountant
Internal Posting Closing Date
External Closing Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Campus Location London
Department Financial Services (FIN)
Employment Group Support
$35.04 per hour
Hours of Work per Week
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This role will work remotely until regular operations are resumed.
This is an Initiatives/Opportunities full-time position ending April 30, 2022 with the possibility of an extension up to a maximum of 24 months.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Financial Services, the incumbent is responsible for investigating, and implementing, a Fixed Asset sub-ledger, a Deferred Capital Contributions (DCC) sub ledger, and to determine the Asset Retirement Obligation (ARO) liability for the College in compliance with Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) and provincial ministry College’s Financial Information System (CFIS) reporting requirements.
- Post-secondary 3 year diploma/degree in Finance and Accounting
- Minimum 5 years experience in the review of system documentation and the implementation of fixed asset financial processes and sub-ledgers gained as a team player in a service oriented office environment using computerized financial systems and software packages such as Excel spreadsheets, database management applications and word processing in an educational environment
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- CPA designation required
- Experience ensuring project milestones are achieved is an asset
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.