Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
The Ceridian QA CoE team is looking for a Portfolio QA Lead to manage and deliver QA activities on large-scale projects and/or manage multiple QA efforts within a portfolio. He/she will be working on a QA portfolio dealing with modernization of payroll taxation applications. This role will require working with QA and Development team members, from many different geographical locations and different countries. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys a fast paced, dynamic environment, agility and innovation, and feels passionate about providing concurrent support to multiple projects.
- Lead and mentor a team of QA analysts working on different projects within the portfolio.
- Work closely with Product teams (Development and Business) to define the testing strategy/plan, review test cases, raise QA risks and concerns, and improve product quality and efficiency.
- Plan and Execute all phases of defined test cycles including system, integration, regression, performance and end-to-end testing efforts on a large-scale project.
- Ensure quality deliverables are on time, within established timelines and according to established specifications.
- Collaborate with Developers, Architects, Test Analysts, Product Managers and key stakeholders throughout the development process to ensure the product has met functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Effectively negotiate within the development organization and other departments to ensure Automaton is utilized to maximum effectiveness while not adversely impacting high priority projects.
- Regarded as a Technical Subject Matter Expert for Selenium, TFS/MTM, Jenkins and experience with tools such as Postman, GitLab, Bamboo, etc.
- Ability to quickly assess and help resolve technical impediments to automation efforts.
- Advocate and encourage Automation/Performance best practices and consistency.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to break down technical concepts to non-technical users and obtain agreement on technical testing approaches.
- Participate in defining QA CoE best practices for Automation/Performance. Correct poorly structured or inadequate testing procedures and results.
- Debug, develop, and maintain test data, test environments and test scripts that validate the quality of the software product.
- Follow SDLC standards, and source-code management, version control and release-management procedures.
- Follow the defect life cycle, ensuring business and developers are aligned on priority, severity and root cause analysis.
- BS in Computer Science or engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years Quality engineering background, testing methodologies, test plan, defect reporting processes, automating software using Selenium Web driver and testing data and service layer integrated applications.
- 5+ years of experience with various tools such as TFS, Selenium, Postman, Jenkins, MTM, visual studio.
- 5+ years of experience in leading and mentoring a team of QA staff.
- 2+ years of experience with direct Agile (Scrum or Kanban) project work experience.
- Hands on experience on a selenium-based framework, API, performance, load, security, data validation, SQL and an understanding of relational database, object relational mapping, TFS build automation.
- Experienced QA in an agile development environment, disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience leading teams, including effectively working with remotely located employees, contractors and offshore resources
- Interacts with and influences multiple work groups within and outside of business unit.
- Prior HCM/Payroll or Financial domain knowledge is a plus.
- Release and Configuration management knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure environment is a plus.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.