Job Summary Statement:
We are looking for a dedicated and energetic individual to join our team in the position of Handrail Installer – Subcontractor, as soon as possible. Shipway Stairs Ltd. is a large manufacturer of stairs and railings for the home building industry in the GTA and surrounding areas.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Installation of wood and wrought iron spindles & railings in new housing.
- Daily interactions with Builders, Site Supervisors.
- Follow and complete work orders outlined from the Handrail Manager.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Specifications—Skills and Competencies:
- Carpentry proficiency required.
- Flexible and the willingness and ability to travel daily to assigned sites.
- Must have a Truck, Valid license, personal tools to complete the job requirements.
- Responsible, Reliable, Organized, and Detail Oriented.
- Must be willing to work with other sub-trades in a fast pace environment.
- Physical ability to lift and carry 50+lbs of material on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate accurately and efficiently, with minimum supervision.
- As a sub-contractor, be team orientated, with a positive attitude.
- WSIB coverage, Liability Insurance and HST account
- Follow instructions and work independently.
Education and Training
- WHMIS & Hazards Awareness
- Working at Heights
- Post-secondary education with a woodworking focus preferred.
- Valid G Class Drivers’ License & Clean Drivers Abstract.
In compliance with AODA legislation, if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process please advise Human Resources.
While we thank candidates for their interest in working with Shipway Stairs and Railings, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year